RE: Critique vs Criticism - Plenary comments

2003-07-18 01:10:44
These facilities discussions! As my wife said - did you finish all technical
subjects to talk about?

But what the ... I have also attended 30+ IETF meetings, so let me comment on
two details issues:

1. 'Bar BOF' - what was exactly the problem in Vienna? That there was no bar,
with TV loudly shouting CNN or ESPN? On the other hand there was a sandwich
bar, you could buy drinks (including beer), or had them for free (excluding
beer) for most of the time. There was plenty of sitting space around, and I had
at least three editing sessions during the week. Much, much better than in San
Francisco for example.
2. Water was brought in rooms on Wednesday morning, which is rather middle of
the week, not 'near the end'.

BTW,  I am still waiting to attend an IETF meeting in a US facility serving
decent coffee. In Vienna, there was plenty of it, and we did not have to pour
it by ourselves :-)

Dan