Re: where the indirection layer belongs

2003-09-02 07:10:29
Dear Folks,

Regarding this discussion about an indirection layer, I am thinking we really should propose the formation of some forum for discussion of these issues. It does not seem to fit cleanly into the IPv6 working group, and out here in no-man's-land, I don't think it is getting the kind of attention it needs.

I had already made my position clear. We need something. Call it an indirection layer or a stabilisation layer or whatever you want, but we need a forum where we can specify the problem we are trying to solve and to consider the possible solutions for it. Does anybody agree?

Yours sincerely,
Robert Honore.