Re: names, addresses, routes

2003-09-03 20:56:06
Dave;

This being a technical discussion, we had better have some useful,
technical definitions.

Technical definitions?

On the problems, yes. On the terminology, no.

Then we can switch to having a debate about
problems and solutions.

It is a useful approach to continue the debate forever.

However, to solve the problem, anyone proposing a solution may
use any terminology, as long as it is clearly defined.

There is technical history to the terms at
issue, here. However they suffer different definitions in different
technical discussions.

Different technology needs different definitions.

We really suffer, if you try to unify them.

                                                        Masataka Ohta