RE: where the indirection layer belongs

2003-09-02 07:38:58
I completely agree with that and support the whole thing.
The discussion shows that there are quite many opinions and seems that
everybody has in mind some problem, which can be solved by new layer and new
name space.
The forum is needed in order to put those ideas together and find out whether
all (or at least some) of them have the same root.

/Yuri

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Honore [mailto:robert(_at_)digi-data(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 8:40 PM
To: Yuri Ismailov (KI/EAB)
Cc: 'Tony Hain'; 'Keith Moore'; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
vinton(_dot_)g(_dot_)cerf(_at_)mci(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: where the indirection layer belongs

Dear Folks,

Regarding this discussion about an indirection layer, I am thinking we
really should propose the formation of some forum for discussion of
these issues.  It does not seem to fit cleanly into the IPv6 working
group, and out here in no-man's-land, I don't think it is getting the
kind of attention it needs.

I had already made my position clear.  We need something.  Call it an
indirection layer or a stabilisation layer or whatever you want, but we
need a forum where we can specify the problem we are trying to solve and
to consider the possible solutions for it.  Does anybody agree?

Yours sincerely,
Robert Honore.