Re: where the indirection layer belongs

2003-09-02 11:22:02

Michel Py wrote:
IMHO the only place to put the ID/LOC indirection layer (I would say
sub-layer) that does not break a million things is:

I like the third stack, added to the right, even more.  A kinda
new waist for the stack.  OTOH, I think that most probably
something new is also needed at L4-L7, but I am not quite sure
yet what.

              Current           Model with          HIP model
               Model            indirection

Transport  | TCP | UDP |       | TCP | UDP |      | TCP | UDP |
           |           |       |  ID/LOC   |      |  ID/LOC   |
           |           |       |   IPv6    |      | IPv4|IPv6 |

--Pekka Nikander