Re: A modest proposal - allow the ID repository to hold xml

2003-09-04 10:59:26
On Thursday, September 4, 2003, at 01:42 PM, Michael Thomas wrote:
1) Source availability
2) Better cross referencing

3) Structured text allows for better retrieval capabilities (which is
related to 2, actually). What we've got right now is pretty crude. As I mentioned earlier, I don't see any reason why working groups shouldn't continue
to do as they will for their own purposes, but how working groups manage
document source is not the same question as providing better search and
retrieval (or document management, for that matter) capabilities within document archives. I wouldn't want to see nroff or Word source archived for the long
term.

Melinda