Re: [Fwd: [Asrg] Verisign: All Your Misspelling Are Belong To Us]

2003-09-16 08:12:47
From: Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu

Out of curiosity, where did Verisign get the right to have the advertising
monopoly
for all the eyeballs they'll attract with this?

What eyeballs?  I doubt I'm among the first 1,000,000 people to adjust
junk pop-op or other defenses to treat sitefinder.verisign.com and
64.94.110.0/24 like any other noxious web site.  If AOL and a lot of
other outfits haven't adjusted their proxies within a few hours, I'll
be surprised.

If AOL and Microsoft don't immediately make releases of IE and Netscape
that treat 64.94.110.11 the same as they treated an NXDOMAIN (and
included an update mechanism), it will only be because Verisign has
given up or they're gettting piece of Verisign's action.