Re: Let the market be judge (Re: accusations of cluelessness)

2003-10-12 08:50:23
On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 08:02:09 PDT, Mark Seery <m_seery(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com>
said:

thing depending on your view). Put another way, if the criminal justice system
had the same level of effectiveness at protecting physical assets, I wonder
whether civilization as we know it would exist.

If you want to take it in that direction, we have a case where "the market"
decided
that locks weren't needed on doors in a high-crime area of town.  OK, so maybe
the crime rate was still low when the door was installed - there's been a lot of
delay and negligence in installing said locks.