Re: fun with base stations...

2003-11-10 10:11:02
On 10-nov-03, at 9:53, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

It would be nice for whoever lays on such provision for the IETF to document their approach. I enquired about this on this list after Vienna, but got no reply. This would be helpful for other people organising events where a few hundred wireless users may be expected.

my experiences with deploying wireless for ietf and nanog meetings was
presented here:

http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0302/density.html

This isn't the forum to get into this, but...

What I'm missing is guidance on how to make use of the available frequency space in the best way possible. Obviously doing everything on channel 6 as we saw yesterday (but has changed now) isn't the best approach. Using the non-overlapping channels 1, 6 and 11 is much better, but from what little I know about radio and encoding schemes I strongly suspect that controlled use of overlapping channels would lead to the best results in situations like these meetings.