IETF58 - Network Status - 12:05PM Local Time

2003-11-10 11:31:28
We currently have three external routes, all are up.

Wireless has been deployed to the hotel, and we are still working to get good
signal coverage to the Brit's Pub.  We have a solution that will start to get
executed later this afternoon.  That should dramatically increase the
coverage in that bar.  We have a Vivato wireless switch located on the roof.
This is washing the downtown area from Brit's Pub to The Local.

We have been getting some reports of rooted machines (IETF Attendee machines,
not IETF NOC Machines) that are scanning and causing a lot of traffic on the
network.  IP Addresses are:
130.129.139.106
130.129.139.203
Please check your machines for these addresses.  If they are yours, please
stop by the terminal room, and ask for help.

We are monitoring the mailing list 58crew(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org for problems.
Comments, suggestions, issues are very welcome here.

We would rather hear of a problem many times on the list, then not at all or
by way of rumor through the meetings.  Please let us know your concerns.

Thanks much!

--Brett