Ietf ITU DNS stuff

2003-12-03 16:46:18
Dean said:
But of course, governments have the sovereign right to control the
communications of their citizens...

Dan says:
Well, I don't agree. If you believe in speech divorced from action; (ex.
Commercial speech, inciting to riot, fraud), in which speech is a component
of an act...

Just simple communications. I don't believe: "governments have the sovereign
right to control the communications of their citizens". They do
(goverments), I guess. I can't think of any good that's come of this so far.

It seems to me the subtext of less control in telecomm is a newly evolving
civil right.

Interesting how much people can differ in what is to them an obvious first
principle.

This existing structure isn't broken, and recalling its mostly about bare
faced power to repress ideas helps understand the motives, however. Weird
how indirect and bogusely indirect it all is. I mean, the excuse factory has
to run full blast to justify some of all this.

regards to all,
Dan