Re: IPv6 addressing limitations (was "national security")

2003-12-04 08:41:46
Dear Masataka,
my interest in this is national security. I see a problem with IPv6 in two areas.

1. the 001 numbering plan as inadequate to national interests - digital soverignty, e-territory organization, law enforcement, security and safetey, etc. related reasons (I do not discuss their degree of relevance, just the existance).

2. the Y2K syndrome. IPv6 has 6 potential numbering plan. Launching it in real production without certifying it and the equipment to multiple plan support capacity is unacceptable. When there will be millions on IPv6 inside without large scale testing of multiple numbering plan support, and many ways of use, applciations etc. developed with one single actually used plan in mind, no one will able to seriously propose an additional plan.

Comments welcome.
jfc