Re: Re[3]: national security

2003-12-05 08:11:16
At 21:22 02/12/03, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:
Hasn't this idea been killed enough? I am a newbie on the Internet
(only been here since 1988) and _I_ am fed up with this discussion.

Hi! Kurt,
did not see that one. I will respond it because it may help you understanding. I am also a newbie as I only been here since 1977 (on the other side of the "plug") and _I_ keep trying IETF people to understand the same thing: there is a real world out there.

The first time I had that discussion was with the first internut to show up in an international users meeting in Tahoe probably in 1984. I wish I remember the name of the guy. Could have been Vint from what I remember, but I think the name was longer.

It may interest you that I am a peacefull person and I want to reach consensus. But I have Louis Pouzin involved (we both are on Eurolinc BoD) who you may know. He specified the first "mail" program at MIT, the scripts, the end to end datagram, the IP zones (recently Vint recalled the Internet could have been called "catenet" from his multiple routes concatenation approach - I think is the necessary future). I am glad he is not active on this list :-)

take care.
jfc