Re: PKIs and trust

2003-12-14 13:07:19
I trust my mother and my siblings to make statements about the
identities of other family members.
I trust the State of Tennessee to make statements about the identities
of state agencies.

However, I'll bet a dinner that you most likely do *not* trust your mother and siblings to make statements about State of Tennessee agencies, nor do you trust said agencies to make statements about your family (barring direct knowledge
they may have).

you are of course correct.

I trust state agencies to make statements about which they have
authority: (e.g. automobile licensing) but not to make statements about
things that are outside of their purview.

Yes, it's that "but not to" that's the real problem to represent.

or alternatively, it's a real problem to represent just exactly for what purposes someone is trusted.