Re: More frustrating that not having [ietf] (Fw: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender)

2003-12-17 08:30:15
Mark Smith wrote:

Why should email assume fixed IP addresses for email delivery, or rather,
matching PTR and MX records ?

Because spammers target home users with broadband connections, and try to crack their systems to use them as open relays. As a result, some ISPs have taken this step; they figure you can always send mail via your ISP's SMTP server. Yes, it's dain-bramaged.

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com                         |