Re: Tag, You're It!

2003-12-18 12:28:44
Thus spake "John Stracke" <jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com>
Modifying the Subject: line is a Bad Thing; it invalidates digital
signatures.  We're never going to get widespread use of signed email as
long as we have pieces of mail infrastructure munging messages to make
signatures useless.

Signed email already gets mangled by the ietf mail servers (AFAICT), so
what's one more bad idea in the mix?  </advocate class=devil>

I can't believe this topic is even being debated.  Filtering has been a
standard feature of every MUA I've used for over 10 years, including my
current PDA and webmail systems.  IMHO, the problems (listed by others) with
this proposal grossly outweigh the complaints of a couple people who refuse
to use a modern MUA or can't figure out how to configure said MUA to filter
on the Sender header.