Re: Hashing spam

2003-12-18 12:44:17
escom wrote:

I work on an approach to block spam with a database of hash (md5) string of
spam email:
1) Reporting a "verified" spam to the database server on the web
2) the mail client check incoming mail, generate a hash string send to and
verify the presence on the server, is yes block email.
3) download a hot list to block directly on the machine
It's been done, and the spammers have already evolved to get around it: they randomize the messages so that the hashes don't match.

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke(_at_)centive(_dot_)com              |