Re: Visa for South Korea

2003-12-30 10:21:08
I attended a technical meeting in Seoul in the summer of 2003, and
did not require a visa. We should get a reading on this from our
hosts.

It's certainly possible that I'm wrong.  I'm only going by the link provided
from the Seoul meeting web pages:

http://www.koreaembassy.org/visiting/eng_visas.cfm

which says:

When traveling for more than 30 days, or for any other purpose than
tourism, visiting, or transit, a visa must be obtained prior to entry.

I'm not sure what they mean by "visiting"; my thinking was that they were
talking about visiting family, and didn't apply to a meeting like the IETF.

--Ken