Re: Death of the Internet - details at 11

2004-01-13 16:15:08

"J. Noel Chiappa" wrote:
        [..]
(Yes, I know, "the support situation has improved and we expect wide-scale
deployment in the next year" - I think I've heard that same mantra every year
for the last N years. I really ought to go back through my email folders and
create a web page of IPv6 predictions. In fact, I think that's a good idea -
it will help make plain how hollow such claims are. My task for today! :-)

Not trying to be facetious, but it would be useful to supplement this with
a list other technologies that didn't taken off and reach world-dominating
acceptance within 10 years of being partially spec'd out. Then note their
ultimate market penetration/impact.

cheers,
gja