Re: Processing of Expired Internet-Drafts

2004-01-14 12:55:41
On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 08:43:58AM -0800, Fred Baker wrote:

It seems to me that there is a better approach to the above, at least in
the context of the above. If the "tombstone" is literally as described, it
would be far more space/search/etc efficient for us to have the tombstone
consist of an added text line in a file indicating that the named draft
expired on a certain date, and keep separate files for the active internet
drafts. It seems to me that this makes it simpler to maintain a mirror and
to find temporary documents.

I would prefer this as well.

                                                - Ted