Re: packets of multiple users sent over the same TCP/IP session

2004-01-25 11:04:31
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 19:20:02 +0200, Haim Rochberger said:

In this case I cannot map the IP address of the TCP session to one specific
mobile subscriber - and the only way I can
identify the subscriber is by "looking" on the SMPP layer (above the TCP)
and extract the subscriber mobile number.

It's tempting to suggest using IPv6 tunelling, and sorting out whos packets
are whose by inserting the subscriber info in the low-order 64 bits.

For that matter, aren't many mobile solutions IPv6 ready (at least in Japan,
which seems to have more of a clue about this than the US)?