Re: packets of multiple users sent over the same TCP/IP session

2004-01-27 12:39:50
Haim:

If I understand your problem correctly I would think
the closest thing to this is what sigtran has done with
SS7 over IP..

They use SCTP and use its stream feature to avoid
head of line blocking for the various calls.. I am not
sure if they put each call in its own stream or each SLS
in its on stream.. either way would work.

In there case they have

xUA
------
SCTP
------
IP

Where xUA is their User Adaption layer.. and the X
being one of MTP2/MTP3 or S

Depending on what levels of the SS7 stack they are adapting

Haim Rochberger wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for any protocol or type of protocol/application that runs over TCP/IP, and that packets of that *same* session "belong" (i.e. either destined or sourced) to/by more then one subscribers (meaning that each packet belongs to *one* subscriber, but there are a some packets that belong to subscriber A, some to B, etc.). I am not talking about tunneling protocol, as in their case the internal IP is the identity of the subscriber, but I am talking about protocols that the identity of the subscriber resides at the higher level, like the application layer, and the muxing between the packets to subscribers can be done only if you understand the protocol at that high level. An example for such a protocol is SMPP that is used for sending SMS messages of different subscribers on the same TCP/IP session between the SMSC and the application server. There, the subscriber identity is embedded in the SPMM protocol (above the TCP/IP).

I will appreciate your help as it will help in making a better design decisions.

Yours,

Haim.

--
Randall R. Stewart