Korean visa problems

2004-01-30 06:10:28
OK, after reading this list for long enough I decided to play it safe and send away for a Korean visa. However, they are telling me that they require a NOTARIZED letter from the IETF confirming my attendance. I went to the IETF page and ordered a "letter of invitation" but I'm not really expecting it to be notarized. Now, not only do I not have a visa, but my US passport is currently on a desk in the Korean consulate in Chicago. (Yes, you have to send the original passport away to get the visa.) Anybody else have a problem like this? Any suggestions on how to get a notarized letter from the IETF? -- Nathaniel
---
Nathaniel S. Borenstein, Ph.D.  <nborenst(_at_)us(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com>
Distinguished Engineer, IBM, Lotus CTO Office
Phone:  +1 (734) 395-9828 or +1 (989) 739-8243