Re: digital signature request

2004-02-25 10:41:31
Thus spake <gnulinux(_at_)pacinfo(_dot_)com>
 > apologies to the folks whose comments i'm replying to for
 > not referencing their names (i didn't have the time).

You ask us to take the time to implement a new mechanism of dubious
value.

the value in having the list processor sign all posts
is simple.  guaranteed identification of the list
traffic for any recipient who decides to verify
signatures.

You have yet to demonstrate the problem you are trying to solve even exists.

I've gotten over 2700 spams this month, and zero of them have "ietf"
anywhere in them, either header or body.  Thus, I see no compelling reason
for the ietf's list software to sign anything when a simple MUA filter on
the Sender: line already achieves 100% accuracy.

Stephen Sprunk        "Stupid people surround themselves with smart
CCIE #3723           people.  Smart people surround themselves with
K5SSS         smart people who disagree with them."  --Aaron Sorkin