Re: digital signature request

2004-02-25 14:23:16
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 gnulinux(_at_)pacinfo(_dot_)com wrote:

this is a request for this list to be digitally
signed by the list processor.

i'm making this request because i need a way to
positively id the messages from this list.  i'm
spending way too much of my time culling spam from
my real email even though i'm employing the latest
spam filtering tools.

There isn't any relation between "positively identifying the messages to
this list", and "time spent culling spam".

Since there isn't any connection, being able to positively identify
messages to the list won't save you any time culling spam.

please give me the one
simple tool i know of that will allow me to
positively differentiate the mail from this list
from all others - a digital signature.

There are many ways to reasonably accurately identify mail to this list
and distinguish it from all others: It is sent "to: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org".

I haven't seen very much spam that has that characteristic, so I don't
think such spam is much of a problem, if any problem at all.

                --Dean