Re: power in Korea..

2004-02-28 00:05:44
In message <20040228034948(_dot_)52FC69F(_at_)coconut(_dot_)itojun(_dot_)org>,
itojun(_at_)iijlab(_dot_)net write
s:
Lest someone get a nasty surprise by believing everything you read
on the Internet, if you are staying in the IETF hotel, click through
from the IETF meeting accommodation page, follow the instructions
to find the Lotte Seoul, click "rooms" and then "standard and deluxe
rooms". There you will find the interesting statement:

- Voltage in Main Buliding rooms is 110v. New Wing rooms is 220v.

      the above description is correct.  my room is in main building and all
      outlets are 110V, US/JP style.

      now, the question is, how to plug in my rental CDMA-with-SIM
      phone charger (which has round-shaped pins like european
      countries) :-)  i found shape changers behind the TV set
      so i'm using it (charger is 100-220V capable).

I had the same problem, so I just asked at the front desk -- they gave
me a round->flat converter.

The outlet surprise I've run into is British-style outlets in the
hallways.  If you have converters for such outlets, bring them.