Re: MBONE access?

2004-03-03 16:29:14
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Melinda Shore wrote:

BTW, the only multicast stream working during last night's plenary
was the MPEG-1 one, and because of the high bit rate it was very lossy.
The other, lower bitrate streams weren't working and the guy running
the service kind of blew me off (and I quote: "watch the video in a
couple weeks after we get back").  If the problem recurs during today's
sessions, please send email to them at
multicast(_at_)lists(_dot_)uoregon(_dot_)edu so
they'll see that I'm not a lone crank.

From the places we are able able to monitor the h.261/mpeg-1/mpeg-4 were
all making it to the US. but the abilene router proxy was down last night
so we had less information then we would otherwise have had. It's very
hard to run a camera, monitor the recording and debug someone elses
network in the United States from Korea.

For what it's worth I've been mirroring the recordings to our ftp server
at the UO as fast as I can, the wed plenary should be there by midnight
pst on wed.

Melinda

Joel Jaeggli           Unix Consulting
joelja(_at_)darkwing(_dot_)uoregon(_dot_)edu