Re: Work effort? (Re: Proposed Standard and Perfection)

2004-03-10 10:10:09

--On 9. mars 2004 22:46 -0600 Spencer Dawkins
<spencer(_at_)mcsr-labs(_dot_)org> wrote:

I don't KNOW that what I'm thinking is true, but I'm wondering to
myself if the target audience for protocol specification maintenance
is all in the IETF...

not all the audience for protocol specification is in the IETF, so why should we expect the audience for protocol specification maintenance to be......?

the IETF works when it has *enough* of the audience, I think.
But we do have an answer for those who complain that they are not part of the process: "show up!".

(note - never said it was an easy answer..... but there is one....)