Re: Principles of Spam-abatement

2004-03-13 18:56:51
I posted my original message to the IETF list for a reason instead of replying to Paul and Vernon privately. My question is really directed to all of you:

This is the IETF - an organization that sets some of the standards for the Internet. What should the IETF be doing and NOT doing be in the fight against spam.

Yakov

P.S. For the record, I am one of the ASRG chairs.

Dean Anderson wrote:
Perhaps you should ask this question of someone who actually _has_ studied
the problem for a number of years, and has reviewed the numerous legal
cases and the full text of their legal decisions, and sometimes even the
motions and briefs in the case, and has reveiwed the congressional
reports, and even the congressional testimony on the record.