Re: Email account utilization warning.

2004-07-07 10:37:37
Could we try to keep our narcissistic eye on the ball here?

I realize that the only thing on this list that matters to you is you, and normally I do what I imagine most of the list is doing: I suffer your rants in silence. But recognizing this stuff is actually important, and if there are people on the IETF list who don't, that's a situation that cries out for attention. Please, for once, let's assume that you are *not* the topic, and stay on whatever the topic actually is. You can trot out your personal demons (or daemons, for that matter) under some other subject line ... and, by all evidence, you certainly will. In the meantime, let's not treat every message on this list as your personal song cue.

Is this really too much to ask?

Dean Anderson wrote:

Given the recent unreasonable behavior by IETF staff where they really are
blocking blocking of email from members, it is not very unreasonable to be
fooled by such a thing.  People have come to expect this from the IETF.

Dean Anderson Av8 Internet, Inc
P.S. I am still blocked from emailing DNS WG chair, and prevented from
registering complaint about improper DNS WG RFC process activity by ISC
and DNS WG chair Austein, because the IETF chairman Alvestrand demands
that such complaints be made offlist, yet chairman Alvestrand refuses to
require the WG Chairs to accept email from participants.  Under chairman
Alvestrand's leadership, the IETF can choose to ignore complaints based on
the participant, rather than the merit of the complaint.  And Although
this runs contrary to every stated principle of the IETF, contrary to many
suggestions of many other participants, contrary to civil courtesy, and
contrary to lawful behavior, chairman Alvestrand is not moved from his
course. He leaves us no choice but to engage lawyers against the IETF. This is very sad.