RE: Email account utilization warning.

2004-07-07 12:19:51
Bill wrote:
You would think this crowd is used to Joe Jobs and Phishing.

Nah. Even if the scheme is crude and/or rudimentary and almost nobody
(except secretariat/staff) actually has an IETF e-mail account, it still
works.

This is interesting, as it goes against the current phishing trends that
tend to produce ultra-realistic baits; maybe it's not necessary to spend
all the time copying the target's logos and mimicking their fonts and
style after all. Good ol' tricks still work.

You would think at least this crowd would learn.

Indeed this is not encouraging in terms of grandma being able to detect
phishing :-( Maybe I'll put a disguised Paypal donate button on my web
site and start a new career as a joe-jobber; looks like it could work.

Michel.