Re: Email account utilization warning.

2004-07-09 00:42:12
On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 01:56:50PM -0400,
Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:

Procmail filtering on 'From:|To:|cc:' is easy enough.  There's probably
a way to get Procmail to snarf up the Message-Id: header for the sender's
posting, and then look for that msgid in any References: or In-Reply-To:
headers ('formail -D 16384 that_persons_postings' will get a cache
going, but matching any header other than another Message-Id: is
interesting.. ;)

I use procmail, but have a headache working out how to use the Message-ID
to filter out a thread started by someone in my kill list.   Using all
receipt headers is dangerous because if one of the loons joins a good
discussion the procmail may essentially DoS it for me.   I just want to lose
any posting and any thread started by anyone in my kill list.   At the
momnet I just have the former.

tim