Re: List of standards

2004-08-18 04:27:00
Bob,

I think the intent of Iljitsch's note was that the "list of IETF
Standards" should appear in an obvious place (labeled "IETF
Standards") on http://www.ietf.org/ - if the label points to
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html, that's fine.

... leaving the question of "what standards" are actually standards,
and what standards are actually deployed, to NEWTRK :-)

But you guys are doing your part - the IETF website just needs to
catch up...

Spencer

From: "Ian Cooper" <ian(_at_)the-coopers(_dot_)org>
To: "Bob Braden" <braden(_at_)ISI(_dot_)EDU>
Cc: <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 3:15 AM
Subject: Re: List of standards

--On 17 August 2004 09:20 -0700 Bob Braden <braden(_at_)ISI(_dot_)EDU> wrote:

  *> From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch(_at_)muada(_dot_)com>
  *>
  *> Why is the list of internet standards so hard to find?
  *>
  *> It seems to me this list deserves top ranking on the first
page at
  *> www.ietf.org, but that's certainly not the case. (Try to find
it and
  *> see what I mean.)
  *>

It's not hard to find, actually. Try:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Seems to me one needs to know a lot about the differences between
what's
hosted by the IETF and the RFC Editor sites in order to know that
for the
material in question the user needs to go to the RFC Editor site
(and then
on to the "RFC Database" rather than any of the other options).