Re: List of standards

2004-08-18 05:34:01
On 18-aug-04, at 13:15, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

I think the intent of Iljitsch's note was that the "list of IETF
Standards" should appear in an obvious place (labeled "IETF
Standards") on http://www.ietf.org/ - if the label points to
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html, that's fine.

Right.

There seems to be significant dissatisfaction about the fact that the general public doesn't know about the difference between RFCs and internet standards. I think a good deal of this ignorance is due the invisibility of the standards list. (Google only lists 43 links to the standards list, while the RFCs at www.ietf.org get 800, even though this isn't their official home.)

(And me not being able to find the list without help from Google isn't a good sign either. And yes, I did check the RFC Editor site but the links were too non-obvious.)