Re: List of standards

2004-08-19 16:42:30
On 19 aug 2004, at 23:23, Joe Touch wrote:

Why is the list of internet standards so hard to find?
It seems to me this list deserves top ranking on the first page at www.ietf.org

It deserves top ranking on search engines;

So are you saying that we should put our trust into the undisclosed algorithms that try to recover relevance from random documents throughout the web for profit rather than the person managing the IETF website?

knowing that the IETF is a place to look for Internet standards is as obscure as knowing that they're a subset of something called "RFCs".

Neither of those is as obscure as the location of the actual list of internet standards. But who cares. Either someone will fix the problem and the world will a slightly better place, although probably not to a statistically significant degree, the problem won't be fixed and at least the link is in the mailing list archives, or someone will provide a good reason for the missing link and we'll all learn something. None of those possibilities are improved by discussing the matter further without the benefit of new facts.