Re: Functional differentiation and administrative restructuring

2004-09-08 07:06:46
Hi John,

No problem, my skin is not that thin. As i have tried to explain on the IETF list, i think we need to understand all options including these two extremes - the ones not specifically covered in the mud document. I find the models expressed in the document somewhat incomplete and slightly disingenuous in that they don't discuss the implications of the end of the road - as far as i can tell they hand wave about 'extraneous' results. And while I have never managed to get invovled in the policy part of IETF+ISOC, it is something i care about quite a bit.

So if my notes provoke the discussion, even in the form of 'rants', i am satisfied.

And thanks for the apology.

a.

ps. i don't have the negative connotations to absorbtion that you do. I see that as another term for merger, though, since ISOC is the real entity from a corporate point of view, it would constitute an absortion. It is the conditions, as in by-law changes and perhaps MOUs, that determine whether this is beneficial or destructive.