Re: NomCom 2004/05 Volunteers

2004-09-28 15:16:51

Lars Eggert wrote:

Danny McPherson wrote:

    Only one week left until the cutoff to volunteer for the 2004/05
IETF Nominations Committee.  The NomCom is the IETF's way of
selecting it's leadership, your participation is integral to it's
success.

A list of volunteers as of 9/27/2004 is available here:
http://www.ietf.org/nomcom/msg09.27.04.txt

More applicants may help to even out the distribution a bit:

Many of the positions require a letter of support from your employer. Many employers outside the top-10 below - e.g., universities, university labs, etc. - don't have the resources to cover 20-50% of a person's time as a contribution to the IETF.

If we want the system to be more diverse, we need to find a way to allow participation at lower levels, such that support letters aren't a prerequisite.

Joe

# wget -O- -q http://www.ietf.org/nomcom/msg09.27.04.txt | perl -n -e 's/(_dot_)*[(_at_)(_dot_)](.*)\..*>/\1/ and print' | sort | uniq -c | sort -r

  15 cisco
  12 nokia