Re: Level of consultation (Re: a note about the scenarios)

2004-09-30 02:23:54
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:42:18 +0300, John Loughney wrote:
 I have heard that there have been some problems with the
 Secretariat, I have not been privy to the fact that the IETF
 is going to hell in a handbasket. Are things so dire? I have
 been much more concerned about other problrms in the IETF,
 though I'm feeling rather burnt out on that topic as well.

Based on the management actions being pursued in the IETF:

1. Those "other" problems are well in hand, with no emergency
issues, so there does not need to be a focus on them by the IESG.

2. The Secretariat and IANA are responsible for all the other
problems.

And, yes, that really is an accurate summary of what Harald has
been saying over the last year or more.

d/