RE: Academics locked out by tight visa controls

2004-09-30 10:23:23
You could have registered and read it by now. It takes anyone of us longer
to explain the article then to just register for free.....use a fake email
if you're afraid (I think most of us have an email just for stuff like
that).

Lame,

Ps it's about how lame it is for people who can't get into the country
because of visa limitations. I actually emailed the DHS yestreday to see
what they would say. Of course this is one VERY liberally biased newspaper
from san francisco so it's gotta be taken with salt too. Maybe he sent the
article cause it was interesting ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Alexandru Petrescu
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 2:43 AM
To: Doo Timbir
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; Hadmut Danisch
Subject: Re: Academics locked out by tight visa controls

Doo Timbir wrote:
Dear Hadmut,

This is a very good piece of information.

Dear Doo, what does the piece say?  Because I can't access
Mercury news without creating an account on their site, i.e.
leaving my info to them and storing their password on my keyfile.

Alex

--- Hadmut Danisch <hadmut(_at_)danisch(_dot_)de> wrote:

See:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/9710963.htm?template=conten
tModules/printstory.jsp&1c