Re: Reminder: Poll about restructuring options

2004-10-05 09:43:37
Eliot,

 I am trying to imagine any sort of serious protocol
 development process that used that sort of logic and then
 had acceptance and/or success.
 Here-in lies the rub.  If you try to use our rules of
 protocol development to develop an organization we'll never
 get there.  And you and I agree that there are bigger fish to
 fry, and right now the kitchen is backing up.

My point was that the level of naivete and irrationality that
underlie this reorganization process would never be tolerated in
any serious design effort for specifications.

So I was not talking about "rules".

I was talking about being deliberate, constructive risk-averse.

We are being none of those.

d/
--
Dave Crocker