Re: Reminder: Poll about restructuring options

2004-10-10 09:41:36
john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com (John C Klensin)  wrote on 04.10.04 in
<901B84E544634CC521771058(_at_)scan(_dot_)jck(_dot_)com>:

understanding his point of view.  By contrast, we are now seeing
a different style of position-taking and decision-making, one
that terrifies me.  The new style involves assertions of the
"rights" of the people who occupy IESG and IAB seats (because
they are in those seats) instead of explanation and openness

Frankly, I see a lot more of that from the community than from the
leadership, at least in the current debate.

with the community about details and options, and involves
(virtually) shouting "wrong" instead of engaging in discussion
and persuasion.

This looks to me like a distinction without a difference. Or put
differently, this "WRONG" is an invitation to explain why it isn't
actually wrong. It's certainly not their job to explain your side of it.

Instead, you start a meta-debate.

Seems to me it's you not following through on your own principles.

MfG Kai