Re: IESG/IAB next documents on administrative restructuring

2004-10-23 02:29:39
A note on these documents:

The publication process took a few days.
In the meantime, members of the IESG and IAB, who read the documents last week, have suggested to the authors several points at which these documents could be improved.
This includes:

- Doing more to clarify the roles of the various parties in the iasa-bcp document, such as specifying more of what it means that the IETF Administrative Director is an ISOC employee who works under the supervision of the IAOC

- Changing some of the proposed transition plan, by making the interim body that oversees the transition be an interim body rather than a proto-IAOC; this will, among other things, make sure that we're not committing to finding someone willing to work for 3 years in 3 weeks.

We will try to get draft updates reflecting those changes out before the I-D update deadline; of course, this should be regarded as "input for discussion" - it's perfectly appropriate for the community to argue in favour of (or against) either the -00 or the -01 version of the plan!

                         Harald