Re: Re: A new technique to anti spam

2004-10-26 21:12:13
Hi,Harald Tveit Alvestrand,
  First,this tech is an \"anti-spam by macroeffect\" and also based \"human
psychological warfare\",
it may not work right-now.
  Then,it\'s a more complex system but only on server-side,simple on
client-side.What we think
is if users need it?Maybe the answer is no!Who knows?

Worrisome side effect:

I can now only read the mail as long as the sender\'s mail server remains
online.

If the evaluation happens at read-time, not at fetch-time, this also means
that if I use \"file-and-forget\", as I do with many mailing lists, and
return to my archive a year later, many of the messages won\'t be there,
since I didn\'t read them, and the senders have later moved on.

So in practice, I have to let my computers evaluate the request and fetch
the message with no human interaction. Some bandwidth may be saved, but the
email infrastructure became more complex.

Worth it?

                    Harald

----