Re: Issue with Meeting Schedule change at the last moment

2004-11-05 06:00:17

hum... who is this "we" that you speak of? and why do you think that you must attend and be a participant in -every- meeting on this topic? if you've spent any time at all within the IETF, you must know that the published agenda is an attempt to get enough space and enough time to meet & discuss the known issues for a particulat working group. the
        only fixed agenda is the one for past meetings.

you will see agenda changes made during the week, adding meeting slots and deleting meeting slots as appropriate. apparently the wg in question has more to discuss than can be accomodated in a single session and so a second was added - which is done at the request of the WG chairs. So if you want to whine, take it up with the wg chairs, not the secretary or the ietf chair... they are the ones calling the shots. as to other standards bodies and industry fora... we are
        not them.  sorry.

--bill

On Nov 5, 2004, at 3:09, Stephane H. Maes writes:

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephane H. Maes [mailto:stephane(_dot_)maes(_at_)oracle(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 12:16 PM
To: exec-director(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: Eric Burger; Glenn Parsons
Subject: Issue with Meeting Schedule change at the last moment

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to log a formal complain and objection against the apparent decision to accept a late change of agenda. I want to appeal this decision; if indeed it is possible to simply brush away our concerns as seems to have been the case - see below.

I believe that this decision and the change in question are unwise, unreasonable and disfranchising participants. It may probably even violates process and cutoff dates. In any case, it is impossible to make appropriate travel plans if such changes are allowed.

I consider that this is fundamentally grave incident that goes beyond the particular details of the lemonade meeting. It must be addressed in practice now and in appropriate process updates if the process was correctly followed or of there is no process on this.

So, we demand that the meeting changes be rejected so that Lemonade only meets on Wednesday as was originally scheduled (at least as late as October 28th on ietf.org) and not announced till Nov 2 on Lemonade(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_)

We also demand clarification of the deadline for change of the IETF agenda and if needed setting appropriate deadlines (e.g. 15 days) as for most other standard bodies and industry fora.