FW: [Inquiry #19085] Issue with Meeting Schedule change at the last moment

2004-11-05 04:27:01

_____
Stephane H. Maes, PhD,
Director of Architecture - Mobile, Oracle Corporation.
Ph: +1-203-300-7786 (mobile/SMS); Fax: +1-650-506-7222; Office UM:
+1-650-607-6296.
e-mail: stephane(_dot_)maes(_at_)oracle(_dot_)com
IM: shmaes (AIM) or stephane_maes(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com (MSN Messenger)

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephane H. Maes [mailto:stephane(_dot_)maes(_at_)oracle(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 6:30 PM
To: iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org;
exec-director(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: [Inquiry #19085] Issue with Meeting Schedule change at the last
moment

Ted and all,

I am very dissappointed at the approach and lack of process. Apparently this
all resolve around the decision of one person?

I have difficulty to understand why this is not reverted when contested. I also
have difficulty understanding how such a position can be taken. The agenda was
draft? So it can't be draft till the end? People have to make their travel
arrangements? So eithere the change is too late or the draft agenda remained
draft too late. I can't believe you argue this is acceptable.

It is regrettable thai is the way forward. Common sense should have prevailed
when the issue was raised.

Stephane

_____