RE: Stepping down as IETF chair in March

2004-11-05 07:47:20
Kudos to you Harald!

Although I joined a bit late, it has been enjoying and very rewarding as a
learning experience watching the great effort by everyone and as you put it,
growth of the organization.

Thank you!

Harsh Verma
Dr Harsh Verma,
Director, R&D, Glocol Inc
Past Vice-Chair (Industry) R&D WG, NECCC
Ph: +1(916)684-3262  Mobile: +1(650)224-2108
E-Mail: hverma(_at_)glocol(_dot_)net

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of
Harald Tveit Alvestrand
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 1:20 AM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Stepping down as IETF chair in March

Thomas' note reminded me that there are probably some people who haven't
heard this yet....

I'm stepping down as IETF chair in March, and I am not a candidate for
reappointment.

It's been a great four years, containing lots of learning experience, lots
of hard work and lots of joy - but after four years as IETF chair, and ten
years total on the IESG/IAB, March seems an appropriate time for me to
leave this stage of my life behind.

The IETF is a great organization. I will enjoy watching it continue to grow
and prosper under new leadership.

Thank you!

                  Harald