Re: Stepping down as IETF chair in March

2004-11-05 10:46:38

--On fredag, november 05, 2004 07:58:32 -0800 Fred Baker <fred(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:

At 10:19 AM 11/05/04 +0100, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
I'm stepping down as IETF chair in March, and I am not a candidate for
reappointment.

It's been a great four years, containing lots of learning experience,
lots  of hard work and lots of joy - but after four years as IETF chair,
and ten  years total on the IESG/IAB, March seems an appropriate time
for me to  leave this stage of my life behind.

Thank you for the great deal of effort, and the success that you have
achieved. I trust that your continuing career will still include IETF
efforts and the betterment of the engineering of the Internet. I look
forward to seeing what you will achieve.

Don't worry - I've long wanted to see what the peanut gallery looks like from the inside these days :-)

Expect to continue to see me around!

                    Harald