Re: [Inquiry #19085] Issue with Meeting Schedule change at the last moment

2004-11-08 07:11:16
On Nov 8, 2004, at 05:26, Stephane Maes wrote:

Eventually, I have noted and be told in several private notes that indeed this expectation of participation to the whole meeting has been questioned repeatedly and never addressed.

It has been discussed several times in the IESG and IAB (and reported at the plenaries), both regarding participation during the whole week, and whether the areas should meet separately (as finding large enough hotels is sometimes hard).

The conclusion has always been that for the IETF to produce as good documents as possible, we need to have people from different areas and working groups meeting at the same location physically so discussion across boundaries of skills happens.

That is always a winning argument when the downsides are put on the table.

    paf