Re: IPv6 in the network, please

2004-11-10 18:11:35
On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 05:32:39PM -0500, Brett Thorson wrote:
Sorry to send this back to this list.  But if people are having problems,
I would encourage them (as well as yourself) to come to the NOC (at any
IETF, this one or any future IETF).  That way we can ask questions like
"What is your MAC address" and offer a solution as quick as possible.

In any case, the solution, as far as we can tell, is that your ability to
receive DHCP offers on your linux system is broken.

Not sure if I should take this to the list either. But I think what
you see there is the requests made from windows. I switched to windows
because that worked.

Here are the logs.  If you have more issues, I highly encourage you to
either take the problem to a "Trouble with DHCP on linux list" or come to
the NOC to continue the exploration.

It works for other Linux users I've talked to, but they may not be
using dhcpcd. I'm told dhcpcd has some bugs which I'm willing to
believe. I don't have the time to research this now. I might be
interested in hearing from others, in private, that are using dhcpcd
whether they have problems.

I may stop by the NOC, but it's no big deal. I should have done so
earlier in the week.

Stig