WebDAV server for sharing WG presentations

2004-11-12 09:02:22
I've previously announced the availability of this server to WG Chairs, now to announce it more widely:

http://ietf.webdav.org

There are already a few WG directories on this server such as

http://ietf.webdav.org/webdav
http://ietf.webdav.org/enum

If you have presentation material or meeting notes to share with other IETF participants, ask me for an account (tell me what userid you would prefer and what WG you participate in). I am also happy to create top-level directories for each working group if a chair makes that request of me.

I also use this server to coordinate edits to my documents with co-authors, granting each of them permission to write the document and making it world-readable. If you do this I recommend to turn on versioning on a resource, then comparing versions becomes possible. I have signed up for email notification when one of my co-authors changes the document, too.

There are many other uses for the server, it's a general file-sharing or simple content-management server, supporting WebDAV -- so you can synchronize content locally using a tool like 'sitecopy' or browse using the Windows or Mac OS/X native WebDAV client software. The server is hosted by UCSC, software donated by Xythos, and hardware purchased by myself.

Lisa